Western singing and Bollywood singing are pretty different from each other in several aspects. In this article, Bollywood singing vs .western singing classes online will be discussed below.
What Do You Mean by Bollywood Music?
Bollywood music is a blanket term used to refer to Hindi music, especially for Bollywood movies. Bollywood songs with a particular storyline portray several emotions such as separation, love, happiness, disappointment, celebration, etc. If you want to learn Bollywood music, enrolling in a music academy can be helpful.
Name of Some of the Famous Bollywood Singers
Bollywood is blessed with amazing singers such as Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, and Mohd. Rafi. From the newer generation, singers like Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan are doing wonders.
Genres of Bollywood Music
Bollywood music is divided into specific genres mentioned below in this article; take a quick look.
- Sad Songs Genre - Some of the greatest music composers in Bollywood have penned down some sorrowful songs that will touch your heart. "Dil Ke Armaan" from Nikaah is one of a kind that will never get old.
- Friendship - "Yeh Dosti" from Sholay is an all-time hit that portrays the exceptional bond shared by Jai-Veeru. It is an iconic track that celebrates their friendship and sets the entire mood of the film.
- Patriotic - You must have heard 'Aye Mere Watan Ke Logon," which Kavi Pradeep wrote when the Sino-Indian War was on. In this war, several soldiers sacrificed their own lives to save their country. Undoubtedly, it is one of the most patriotic songs ever. Later, this composition was sung by the very famous Lata Mangeshkar in front of President Jawaharlal Nehru on 26th January, Republic Day. The depth of each of the words had touched people's hearts and brought tears to their eyes.
- Comedy - This might remind you of Johnny Walker and the song "Sar Jo Tera Chakraye." Mohammad Rafi has also contributed to the Bollywood world to a great extent.
- Competitive - Do you remember the film "Rocky" and its song "Aa Dekhein Zara?" This is a hit number that features Sanjay Dutt.
- Inspiration - "Aashayein" from Iqbal is an excellent example of an inspirational song. It has the potential to generate hope and positiveness in a person's mind. This song teaches people not to give up too soon since there is still "Aashayein."
- Holi Songs - "Rang Barse Bheege Chunarwali" always stands out among other holi songs. When you play Holi with your friends and family, this song can turn the occasion into an exciting event. Holi parties are incomplete with this particular track. "Balam Pichkari" is also another example of an excellent Holi song.
- Cabaret - It's not possible to miss out on the stunning Helen. "Monica, O My Darling" was a rage among people, and people still enjoy this particular song.
Western Singing Classes Online: What Do You Mean by Western Music?
Western Music refers to the Music produced in Europe and is derived from ancient European times to the present day. Equal temperament, which is the standard western tuning system, tends to differentiate western Music from the eastern culture's melodically complex Music. Western Music consists of seven or more notes.
Genres of Western Music
Western Music is quite vast, and it is divided into a plethora of subgenres that are mentioned below:
- Western Singing Classes Online: Classical Music - Western Classical Music has originated in Europe. The music compositions that took place between the post-Baroque and pre-Romantic eras are considered to be classical Music. It is mainly based on Classical Symphonies and Opera Singing. A music academy can help you to pursue your career in western Music.
- Pop Music - The initiation of Pop Music took place in the late 90s and early 2000s. In the present scenario, it is considered to be an independent genre. Pop music is further divided into multiple other genres such as Blues, Jazz, Rock, Rhythm and Blues, and Hip Hop.
- Blues: The Blues is mainly influenced by African Music. Some of the well-known performers of this genre are Son House, Muddy Waters, Bessie Smith, etc.
- Jazz: It is an amalgamation of Western Classical, African Music, Blues, and European Harmony scales.
- Rock: In the history of humankind, it is famous as one of the most popular genres of western Music.
- R&B: This style was derived from the Blues and came with more emphasis on the rhythm.
- Hip Hop: It is the favorite genre of the youngsters and is extremely popular in the present scenario.
Differences Between Bollywood and Western Music
Check out some of the differences that are mentioned below:
- Bollywood Music is a part of Indian Music derived from the Ragas. It is based on melody. On the other hand, Western Music is based on harmony.
- The notes of Indian Music are derived from animal sounds, which is absent in Western Music.
- Bollywood music deals with Hindi songs, whereas Western music notes tend to explore the life and culture of Europe.
- Bollywood music plays the melodies in a specific order, whereas western harmony believes in counterpoint and tonic progression.
- Bollywood music includes the descendant scale and parent scale. On the other hand, western Music has minor and major scales.
The Bottom Line
These are some essential things you need to learn about Western Music and Bollywood Music. If you want to learn singing, joining western singing classes online can be highly beneficial.