Playing the guitar is like therapy; it is a healing process that drags you out of the toxic environment and allows you to enjoy your time all by yourself. No one is born with a specific set of God-gifted talents; it is a common myth that the majority of the people tend to believe for a long time now. If you are passionate about learning this beautiful instrument, start learning the guitar basics in the initial stage.
Pursuing your career as a renowned guitarist sounds pretty interesting, but the entire learning process involves a great deal of sweat, dedication, effort and hard work. However, there are some leading guitarists in the industry who can inspire you to take a step toward your dream. Check out this blog to learn about some of the fantastic artists who have set themselves as an excellent example in the music industry.
Guitar Basics: Rudy Wallang
- Rudy Wallang is a talented Blues guitar player from Shillong, Meghalaya, India.
- He has earned recognition through his band Soulmate.
- He is one of the most recognized guitarists who will stay immortal in the Indian Music Community.
- He had started his musical journey when he was four years old.
- Besides being one of the best guitarists in India, Rudy Wallang is also famous for his songwriting skills.
- The first instrument that Rudy played was a Ukulele.
- He has appeared in various performances and has worked on more than 70 music albums as a composer, arranger and producer.
- In 2009, Rudy became the Best Guitar Player in India and received The Jack Daniels Music Awards.
- Rudy Wallang is indeed one of the best guitar players in India.
- Hailing from the Southern states of India, Kerala, Rex Vijayan is famous as an Indian guitarist, music composer, record producer, singer and multi-instrumentalist.
- He has been the lead guitarist, synthesizer and music composer of the rock band ‘Avial’ since 2003.
- He has also worked for ‘Intensive Erfrischung’, a German hip-hop band located in Munich.
- This way of playing the guitar has crossed millions of hearts worldwide.
- Rex Vijayan incorporates complicated guitar arrangements that are out of the box compared to other musical performances.
- Tony Das is undoubtedly one of the best guitar players in India.
- He has experience as a professional musician for quite an extended period.
- He has appeared as a leading guitarist for Peepal Tree, which has paved its way in some well-reputed music festivals such as OctoberFest, NH7 etc.
- Besides that, Tony Das is a part of the metal band Bhoomi and Thermal, another famous rock band.
- He is involved in various film-related tasks where he has worked as a bassist, guitarist, composer, programmer and writer.
- Tony Das has actively participated in various recordings and live gigs.
- He has worked on a broad range of film scores and movie songs with well-known music directors, such as Raghu Dixit in Bangalore and Sandeep Chowta in Bombay.
- A citizen of Chennai, R.Prasanna is another famous guitarist known for performing Carnatic classical music on his guitar.
- Apart from Carnatic music, he also excels in playing progressive rock, Jazz and World fusion.
- When he was five years old, Prasanna fell in love with this instrument.
- Some of his occupations include composer, musician and educator.
- Some of his notable projects include Summa cum Jazz, Lagaan, Moon Guitars, Million Dollar Arm, and The Hundred-Foot Journey.
- Some of the soundtracks that include his contribution are Kochadaiyan, Highway, Mumbai Express, Swades, Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha, Lagaan, Zor, Muthu etc.
- He is another famous Indian guitarist, producer, music composer and guitar coach in Kerala and Kochi.
- He is blessed with the nickname ‘God of Small Strings’ by his admirers and fans.
- He used to be the lead guitarist from 1999 through 2010 for Motherjane. The band released two albums-Maktub in 2008 and Insane Biography in 2003.
- Songs like Fields of Sound and Mindstreet speaks volume about his tonality.
- He has been associated with solo projects and collaborations since the year 2010.
- His first solo album was released in 2012-The Crossover.
- He has also contributed to creating some rock versions of specific patriotic compositions such as Vande Mataram, Mile Sur Mera Tumhara and Jana Gana Mana.
- He was awarded Pratibha Puraskaram in 2014, and he has also won The Jack Daniel’s Awards as the best Indian lead guitarist in 2007, 2008 and 2014.
The Bottom Line
These are some of the leading artists in the music world that you can consider as your role model. Their journey and achievements will help you gain inspiration and reach new heights seamlessly. Get started with the guitar basics, and eventually, you will excel as an aspiring guitarist shortly.